Martensitic Stainless Steel
Martensitic stainless steel is a type of stainless steel characterized by high chromium content. National Specialty Alloys carries several varieties of these incredibly versatile and useful stainless steels. Because we specialize in these bars, we have a huge inventory and are ready to ship immediately.
Benefits Of Martensitic Stainless Steel
- Corrosion resistant
- Easily machined
- Extremely strong and tough
- Hardened by heat treatment
- High hardenability
- High strength with good ductility
Industries That Benefit From Using Martensitic Stainless Steel
- Power Generation
Products Constructed With Martensitic Stainless Steel
- Hand tools
- Kitchen utensils
- Knife blades
- Needle valves
- Plastic molds and dies
- Pump shafts
- Shear blades
- Steam and gas turbine blades
- Surgical instruments
- Valves and valve components
The composition will vary depending on the specific alloy.
- Chromium (12-18%)
- Nickel (0-<2%)
- Carbon (0.1-1.2%)
- Trace amounts of nitrogen, molybdenum, manganese, or silicon may be used as well
Why Should I Order Martensitic Steel Bars From National Specialty Alloys?
- NSA is ISO certified
- NSA offers overnight delivery
- Professional packaging ensures that your product is received in top condition
- Our staff has in-depth product knowledge and extensive cross training. They are motivated to give you quick, accurate information-first call, every call!
- Contact us and get the right answers right away!
Call NSA for any size, shape or alloy that is not listed.
Get the right answers right away! People make the difference at National Specialty Alloys, Inc. With our in-depth product knowledge and extensive cross training, the National Specialty Alloys, Inc. sales and support staff are motivated to deliver fast, accurate information - first call, every call.
ISO 9001:2008 ABS QE Certificate of Compliance (32115) since 1996